[postgis-users] Importing OSM files to Postgis

Carsten Hogertz carsten.hogertz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 22:15:40 PST 2013

Hello everbody

I import two osm files, downloaded from geofabrik.de, with OSM2PGSQL. The
import is down by two steps:

$osm2pgsql -l --create --database gis --username postgres --prefix planet
--slim --cache 2048 /home/katia/Downloads/monaco.osm.bz2 -S
/usr/share/osm2pgsql/default.style

$osm2pgsql -l --append --database gis --username postgres --prefix planet
--slim --cache 2048 /home/katia/Downloads/bremen.osm.bz2 -S
/usr/share/osm2pgsql/default.style

The two files seems to be correctly imported into postgis. I can see the
data of them both in the tables. No duplicates.

But trying them visualizing them in OpenJump it displayes only the
bremen.osm data. In PGAdmin3 it shows me that the tables do not have any
primary key. How do set them correctly? Or is a spatial index not updated?
Anyone with an idea?

Thanks a lot.

Carsten