[postgis-users] Google Polyline into PostGIS

James David Smith james.david.smith at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 05:44:14 PST 2013

Dear all,

I've had a quick search online and found a few people who have had
similar questions, but no definite answers. My question is whether
there is a simple way to take an encoded Google Polyline and place it
into a Geometry column of type Polyline within PostGIS (that PostGIS
understands and can work with).

By way of background, I am using the Google Directions API to generate
some routes, and I want to store the results in a PostGIS database.

Thanks

James