[postgis-users] Help needed with mailing list archives

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Jan 18 10:38:20 PST 2013

Hello everybody.

Some of you may have noticed that links of the web pointing at messages
in the mailing lists archives (for postgis-users and postgis-devel)
are sometimes broken (404 - not found) and sometimes (worst) found but
unrelated to the link subject.

This happened when the mailing list service was migrated from Refractions
machines to those of the OSGeo foundation. Rebuilding the archives from
the .mbox file didn't work as expected which brought us where we are now.

This mail is to ask if anyone on the list has experience with such
migrations and is willing to help fixing the situation to turn back
to working all existing links toward mails as old as 2001.
We do have the .mbox file and do can access the old archives tarball.

If you're up for the challenge, please contact me or Paul Ramsey.
Thank you!

--strk;