[postgis-users] F18: Postgresql 9.2.x/PostGIS 1.5.x issues

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Thu Jan 24 12:42:07 PST 2013

> Hi,
>
> This is a known issue, and there is already a bugzilla entry about this. I
> hope to fix it in a few days,  by updating GeOS to 3.3.7 and PostGIS to
> 2.0.2.

I'm sure that there are for more than myself who appreciate these efforts.
Looking forward to the new releases.

> Until then, you can use PostgreSQL RPM repo:
>
> http://yum.postgresql.org

I'm not clear on the guidance here. Prior releases of Postgresql 9.2 are
not available for Fedora 18 from the repo that you cite. Currently, only
PostGIS 1.5.4 is available for Fedora 18, and doesn't function w/
Postgresql 9.2.

How does using Postgresql's repos resolve this?

> Regards, Devrim

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com

> Max Pyziur <pyz at brama.com> wrote:
>

>>Greetings,
>>
>>I've done a fresh install of F18 on a Dell Latitude D630 laptop.
>>
>>Until now, most issues have been minor.
>>
>>I'm moving a large amount of Postgresql/PostGIS data from an older Dell
>>
>>Inspiron 600m laptop running F17.
>>
>>I've run:
>>   - postgresql-setup initdb
>>   - systemctl start postgresql.service
>>   - su - postgres
>>
>>and there proceed to run several items bundled into a shell script,
>>which reads
>>as follows (don't know how to control line wrapping here):
>>#!/usr/bin/env bash

[...]