[postgis-users] Postgis 2.0 initial install

Stuart Claggett orcastu at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 07:52:21 PST 2013

Hello,

I am just trying to get started on PostGis and appear to be having some
issues with my initial install and wondered if anyone could assist.  I am
running Ubuntu 12.1 on VMware on a Mac.

I first had my postgres database installed and then postgis.  I then
realized after reading some materials I probably need GEOS, Gdal and a few
other things needed to be installed.  I now have GEOS and Gdal installed
but when I run SELECT post_gis_full_version();    I just get POSTGIS =
2.0.1  whereas in the postgis book I am reading it expects GEOS-CAPI, PROJ,
LIBXML and USE_STATS.

Perhaps I have done the install in an incorrect order.  I simply would like
to setup a proper environment so I can continue with the book and exploring
features.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to the assistance and I look forward to group discussion.

Stuart