[postgis-users] Arcgis 10.1 and Postgis 2.0

willemb willem at pcfish.ca
Thu Jul 4 13:15:02 PDT 2013

I need to have Arcgis 10.1 interact with Postgis 2.  It is my understanding
that as of version 10.1, Arcgis now has the ability to query postgis 2.  I
don't personally use Arcgis as postgis 2 does everything I need, but the
Canadian government uses Arcgis and they need to interact with my postgis
database.  I have signed up for the trial with arcgis 10.1 but unfortunately
I need some driver files in addition which I can only obtain from their
customer support sight which will not allow me access unless I'm a paying
customer - catch 22.

I've talked with ESRI support and they said yesterday they would send me the
files but they haven't sent them yet and I'm getting late with my report.  I
realize this is not an ESRI forum but does anyone here have the latest 10.1
drivers for windows so I can put this trial to use and see if it works well
enough with postgis 2.0?  I believe the drivers are actually open source so
I don't think there is any sort of copyright issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks