[postgis-users] postgis 2.0.x segfault crashes

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Fri Jul 5 03:52:48 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 11:24:39AM +0200, Mario Jurcevic wrote:
> The is problem, is with the table "Bodenbedeckung__BBNachfuehrung"
> which has big polygon inside.
>
> Without using custom functions the system does not crashes.
>
> The custom functions wraps the postgis functions.
>
> Exception is the st_curvetoline and st_linetocurve  functions that
> during migration of postgis 1.5 to 2.0 were changed.
>
> Personal opinion: the new behavior is useless.

Uhm, documentation doesn't say anything about the semantic change:
 http://postgis.net/docs/ST_CurveToLine.html
 http://postgis.net/docs/ST_LineToCurve.html

How did they change ?

> We have modified the 2.0 source to include the old st_cur* st_line*
> behavior, that seems on 64 bit inside 2.0 source are not working.

So this sounds like a bug in your patches, right ?

I'll be useful to know more about the semantic change that made you
patch those functions.

--strk;