[postgis-users] PostGIS 1.5 Upgrade Path

Wilkins, Brian bwilkins at harris.com
Thu Jul 18 06:16:20 PDT 2013

Thanks Regina. I want to stay with the Red Hat repo for now. My PostGIS tables exist in the same database as a few other tables. If I use pg_dump to dump the database, can I use the restoration utility from PostGIS to reload the database? I tried dumping, upgrading to 8.4 and reloading on a test server yesterday. It did not restore cleanly using pg_restore.

Brian