[postgis-users] Querying Multiple Rasters

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 10:57:55 PDT 2013

You may not need to drop all the constraints when adding additional data to
the table. You most likely will need to drop is the maximum extent
constraint. Assuming the input rasters have the same scale, skew and SRID
as that found in the table, you don't need to drop those corresponding
constraints.

If you're going to do the continental US at a fine resolution (e.g. 1
meter), you do NOT want to put all the rasters in one table. You'll want to
use a partitioned table structure and should consider a bigger tile size
(depending on your hardware).

-bborie