[postgis-users] St_Union crashing

David Rowley dgrowleyml at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 16:28:50 PDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 11:12 AM, Bborie Park <dustymugs at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 4:00 PM, David Rowley <dgrowleyml at gmail.com>wrote:
>
> So I guess the problem is void since it's been fixed in the latest minor
> version. I've not looked at the postgis source, but I did notice that the
> Gdal version went from 1.9.2 to 1.10.0 since 2.0.3. Perhaps the problem
> could be there...
>
> David
>

> No, the problem wouldn't have anything to do with GDAL as ST_Union doesn't
> use it. I'm betting it has to do with how exceptions are handled...
>
> http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/2375

Did this change between 2.0.3 and 2.0.4?

Though I guess there's not much that can be done if it is fixed in 2.0.4
apart from push windows users harder to upgrade.

I just emailed my hosting company to ask them if they would move me up to
2.0.4, but I guess if that is the problem then it won't have an affect
since it's not windows.

David

-bborie