[postgis-users] Raster pixel count too high

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Sun Jun 23 12:52:59 PDT 2013

Hello,

I have a lot of work and I won't be able to test your data now, but I'll try ASAP.

On my side, I have to deal with rasters dem tiles which overlap each other. I need to have unique tiles and I made the two attached functions to achieve that :
1. The first one, makegrid, simply builds a grid given a bounding box geometry and height / width
2. The second, unique_tiles, calls the first one to make a whole raster made of regular tiles of the wanted size in number of pixels from a raster table of aligned tiles (it finds its bounding box and use it to makegrid from left bottom corner using original pixel height and width and then use this grid to clip raster)

Maybe they can help you in your clipping process. You may improve performance if you remove the st_union in unique_tiles (needed if your raster is made of multiple tiles).

Hugues.