[postgis-users] The "bow tie" error

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Fri Mar 22 10:53:12 PDT 2013

Hello,

Thanks for your answer Stephen. Of course dumping the multipolygons works well with qgis. But for our users we need to keep the unique id attached to each object, simple or multipolygon. They might need to export data to their gis software for their work and all our database is built based on this uniqueness constraint .

In fact, I really don't understand why qgis see these as an error. they seem topologically correct to me, especially since unioning the dumped part in qgis create the same error ! Definitely, it sounds like the error comes from qgis and the error seems impossible to solve.

Hugues.