[postgis-users] ST_Line_Locate_Point VS ST_LineLocatePoint

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 23 13:52:27 PDT 2013

Hi,

I just notice in pgRouting that I'm getting:

WARNING:  ST_Line_Locate_Point signature was deprecated in 2.1.0. Please
use ST_LineLocatePoint

messages. I can switch this, but I'm wandering when ST_LineLocatePoint
was introduced because of backwards compatibility with older versions of
PostGIS.

So I don't want to change the function only to find that is is not
available on 1.5 or earlier. Or I need to dynamically modify the plpgsql
functions based on version of postgis we are installing on.

Thanks,
   -Steve