[postgis-users] ST_Line_Locate_Point VS ST_LineLocatePoint

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu May 23 15:02:10 PDT 2013

On 5/23/2013 5:31 PM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 04:52:27PM -0400, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just notice in pgRouting that I'm getting:
>>
>> WARNING:  ST_Line_Locate_Point signature was deprecated in 2.1.0.
>> Please use ST_LineLocatePoint
>>
>> messages. I can switch this, but I'm wandering when
>> ST_LineLocatePoint was introduced because of backwards compatibility
>> with older versions of PostGIS.
>>
>> So I don't want to change the function only to find that is is not
>> available on 1.5 or earlier. Or I need to dynamically modify the
>> plpgsql functions based on version of postgis we are installing on.
>
> I'd say dynamically modify the function.

Thanks, that was my conclusion also. Other than that issues all (my
meager set of tests) my pgrouting tests passed and that one worked but I
report notices as part of the result, so that triggered it as a failure.

All in all, I'm happy that things are working without too many hitches.

Thanks and good job all,
   -Steve