[postgis-users] database backup with postgis extension

Paulo Frias pfrias82 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 13 04:06:05 PST 2013

The errors are:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 3978; 1259 35665 INDEX
intertidal_line_apt_geom_gist postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: relation
"intertidal_line_apt_geom_gist" already exists

and the same for the other data which have geometry.

I just have created the new database with:

$ createdb -T template0 newdb

I didn't add the postgis extension in this new database.

------------------

but now... I tried with the postgis extension and it gave me the following
error:

pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error while PROCESSING TOC:
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] Error from TOC entry 7; 2615 34094 SCHEMA
topology postgres
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: ERROR: schema
"topology" already exists
            Command was: CREATE SCHEMA topology;

any idea?

On 13 November 2013 11:45, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim at gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2013-11-13 at 11:39 +0000, Paulo Frias wrote:
> > I'm trying to backup my database (which have postgis extension) into a
> > new one with pg_dump.
> > When I do the pg_restore it gave me a lot of errors and the new
> > created database was empty.
>
> What are the errors? Did you install PostGIS extension to the new
> database prior to restore?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Community: devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr
> http://www.gunduz.org  Twitter: http://twitter.com/devrimgunduz

*Paulo Frias*
Marine Biologist
CCMAR - Centre of Marine Sciences
ISPA - Instituto Superior de Psicologia Aplicada