[postgis-users] missing libxml2.la file when compiling PostGIS 2.1.1 from Source on Ubuntu 12.04

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Tue Nov 19 01:26:08 PST 2013

On Tue, Nov 19, 2013 at 10:22:34AM +0100, Sandro Santilli wrote:

> There seem to be a reference to libxml2.la into one of the .la
> files involved in the libtool call line. Start form liblwgeom.la,
> it's a shell script setting some variables. Mine was created
> by libtool (GNU libtool) 2.4.2 Debian-2.4.2-1.2ubuntu1

NOTE I don't have libxml2.la on my system either, but building
is no problem for me as evidently is not being required.
BTW, does make && make check works under liblwgeom ?

--strk;

 ()  ASCII ribbon campaign        - against html e-mail
 /\  http://www.asciiribbon.org   - against proprietary attachments