[postgis-users] Readable reference for <-> the distance operators

Stephen Mather stephen at smathermather.com
Wed Nov 20 12:43:51 PST 2013

No, that is in fact excellent (actually irritatingly good, I was just
finishing up a write up of my own...), but I should have been more
specific.  I'm looking for a reference to point to for the why it works,
not the how, i.e. how does the structure of the R-Tree index lends itself
to creating a distance operator -- the hierarchy of the tree, the distance
between branches, or what not.

Best,
Steve