[postgis-users] Postgis overlapping two linestrings

Ani Alamo alamo.ani at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 08:17:01 PST 2013

Hi!
I need a specific function to get if two linestring overlaps. e.g.
Linestring 1 is Point (0, 0) : Point (10, 0) Linestring 2 is Point (0, 0) :
Point (3, 0)

In this case I need "true" result because LineString 1 overlaps in
different points like 0,0 1,0 2,0 & 3,0. I dont need the common points, I
only need if two linestring overlaps or not. I tried with this function in
postgis...

overlaps(buffer(LINESTRING1, 0.001), buffer(LINESTRING2, 0.001))
I create a buffer on both linestrings... but muy problem is some times
works better, some times not.

Can you help me please?

Thanks!