[postgis-users] Storing 4D Points Examples?

James David Smith james.david.smith at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 03:50:14 PDT 2013

Dear all,

Until today I hadn't appreciated that PostGIS now supports use of 4D
geometry storage (x, y, time, z).  I have a NetCDF file that stores
data in a similar way, and would like to bring it into PostGIS instead
for use with my other data. In order to do this I need to understand
how to use 4D data better. Does anyone have any examples of creating a
table and then inserting this type of data in? And then querying it?

Thanks

James