[postgis-users] [Win][PostgreSQl 9.2/PostGIS 2.0] Import osm data for beginner

aGlumLieu gbrancier at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 06:16:18 PDT 2013

EDIT:

Following the PostgreSQL documentation, i have update the pg_hba.conf file
with "trust" in "method" in order to don't need password.

And it works !

But there is a new Error :

*osm2pgsql SVN version af61cae663 (64bit id space)

release notes: 'Windows version built by Dominik Perpeet
<http://www.customdebug.com/osm2pgsql/index.html>'
Could'nt read EPSG definition <do you have /usr/share/proj/epsg?>*

I'm trying to understand what is this "EPSG definition".

If you have some advices, it would be great smile !
Hello everybody ! :)

I'm trying to import some data from openstreetmap into a postgresql database
since 2 days and I can't manage to do it, that is why I need someone's help
!

I think it is not quite difficult, but I am a great beginner in using
PostgreSQL, PostGIS, osm2pgsql and the windows command prompt.

Here is the situation:

I'm (unfortunately) using Windows 7 (x64). I'have installed PostgreSQL 9.2,
PostGIS 2.0, and osm2pgsql.
My openstreetmap data are rhone-alpes.osm (France).

*PostgreSQL is here:* "C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin"
*osm2pgsql is here*: "C:\Program Files\osm2pgsql"
*rhone-alpes.osm is here :* C:\aGlumLieu\Geo\rhone-alpes

The name of my PostgreSQL database is *gis*

Here is the problem:

I don't understand how to import those data into my database "gis", even if
i have read many, many tutorials...

I try with this (find on internet):

osm2pgsql –U postgres –m –d gis –E 3857 –S "C:\Program
Files\osm2pgsql\default.style" C:\toto\GeoMkt\rhone-alpes\rhone-alpes.osm

Obviously it does'nt work:

*/osm2pgsql SVN version af61cae663 (64bit id space)

release notes: 'Windows version built by Dominik Perpeet
<http://www.customdebug.com/osm2pgsql/index.html>'
Error: Connection to database failed: fe_sendauth: no password supplied/*

Does someone know the right windows command to do it ?

Have a good day :) !