[postgis-users] spatial index for topology?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Oct 26 16:27:41 PDT 2013

Is there any way to spatially index topogeometry?

If I try to add either a gist or spgist index on a topogeometry column, I get an error:

ERROR:  data type topogeometry has no default operator class for access method "gist"
HINT:  You must specify an operator class for the index or define a default operator class for the data type.

pgadmin3 doesn't allow me to choose an operator class when creating the index.

I see that the raw topology data is indexed (nodes, edges and faces), but that doesn't help the topogeometry.  It looks like the whole table is being scanned when I identify a feature in QGIS.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

First Pogril: Why is life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
Second Pogril: I don't know.  Why IS life like sticking your head in a bucket filled with hyena offal?
First Pogril: I don't know either.  Wretched, isn't it?

-HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy