[postgis-users] Move road lines to pavement lines?

James David Smith james.david.smith at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 08:45:51 PDT 2013

Hi Hug,

Thanks for your email. I did not realise that the st_offsetcurve
function existed!  It looks like it will do what I would like to do.
However there is a problem. In the documentation for st_offsetcurve
here:

http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ST_OffsetCurve.html

It says that lines like this are not valid:

http://i.stack.imgur.com/bCUjt.png

However some of the journeys along roads that I want to adjust DO have
this sort of format to the line.
Any ideas?

Thanks

James