[postgis-users] AsTopoJSON fails with: "No function matches the given name and argument types."

Luca Morandini lmorandini at ieee.org
Thu Sep 5 00:09:36 PDT 2013

Folks,

I have hard-upgraded a database to POstGIS 2.1 (on PostgreSQL 9.1), built a
topology with ToTopoGeom and obtained this nice table:

Table "abs_asgc.lga06aaustlines"
   Column  |     Type     |                               Modifiers

----------+--------------+----------------------------
  gid      | integer      | not null default
nextval('abs_asgc.lga06aaustlines_gid_seq'::regclass)
  ogc_fid  | integer      |
  topology | topogeometry |
     "lga06aaustlines_pkey" PRIMARY KEY, btree (gid)
Check constraints:
     "check_topogeom_topology" CHECK ((topology).topology_id = 2 AND
(topology).layer_id = 1 AND (topology).type = 3)

But when I try to use the tpology column, like in:
select ST_AsTopoJSON(topology) from abs_asgc.lga06aaustlines;

It doesn't seem to like it :|

As far as I can see, topology is a TopoGeometry column, which is what this
function expects... so, What am I doing wrong ?

Regards,

Luca Morandini
Data Architect - AURIN project
Melbourne eResearch Group
Department of Computing and Information Systems
University of Melbourne
Tel. +61 03 903 58 380
Skype: lmorandini