[postgis-users] Errors populating tiger data on windows

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Sep 11 20:41:51 PDT 2013

Jonathan,

Sorry for your difficulties. I just realized the issue.  I think the windows
postgis 2.0.4 packaging we made was a faulty one in that it was exporting an
in the works  PostGIS 2.1 tiger geocoder that was probably buggy in the load
routine since we were in the middle of prepping it for 2011.  PostGIS 2.0
NEVER had tiger_2011.  It only had tiger_2010 scripts.

If you are just starting out, I would suggest using the tiger extension
files packaged in this download which is updated for working with tiger_2013

http://winnie.postgis.net/download/windows/pg92/buildbot/postgis-pg92-binari
es-2.2.0devw64.zip

(just the ones in share/extension folder that are postgis_tiger_*** )

Then follow instructions here:

http://postgis.net/docs/manual-dev/postgis_installation.html#install_tiger_g
eocoder_extension

I did try loading up Hawaii with the 2.2 and didn't run into any issues.
We'll also be releasing PostGIS 2.1.0 soon, but that one is only set to go
to tiger_2012 and there is a bug in that one already noted that (that is
only works for PostgreSQL 9.3), but we have fixed for 2.1.1 to be backwards
compatible with 9.1 and 9.2.