[postgis-users] ssh tunneling from QGIS ?

didier peeters dpeeter1 at ulb.ac.be
Wed Sep 18 11:47:36 PDT 2013

Dan, I don't know if this would clutter up QGis, I'm not competent enough for this.  Personally I don't have any problem with opening a ssh tunnel with a command line, I'm a unix user (Mac) and I do it every day.  But I have lots of colleagues for whom this is far too 'complicated', especially on windows.  If there was a ssh tunnel option in the DB connection properties, I could show them to use it or save an xml file with it and tell them to load it inside QGis.

Didier