[postgis-users] error loading shapefiles into postgis

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Thu Sep 26 12:42:11 PDT 2013

I have a number of shapefiles from various sources that have a mixture of polygons and multi-polygons or points nad multi-point that I have been trying to load into PostGis.  I have tried using QGis / Spit, org2ogr and shp2pgsql.

Some of the files will load but thow a bunch or errors/warnings and others won't load at all.  The files are part of the ArcGis data distribution as sdc files converted to shapefiles using the ESRI DDA application.

Is there a "proper method" or any method that will work to get the data registered in PostGis?

Bruce