[postgis-users] problems with 2.1.2 and new databases

jamo3 jaymoss3 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 07:23:29 PDT 2014

I upgraded just fine, it was only in creating a new db that I ran into
problems.  I removed the "create extension" command and everything worked
just fine with both 2.1.1 and 2.1.2.

I double checked the old "create extension" command in our script and it did
specify the db name correctly here's the command (this is via a windows
batch file, DB_NAME is the db being created):

.\bin\psql.exe -d %DB_NAME% -U %POSTGRESQL_SUPER_USER% -c "CREATE EXTENSION
postgis"

We want to automate as much of our installs as possible, so the option of
enabling a db in PgAdmin is a non-starter for us.  We completely automate
the db creation, schema creation, reference table population, and db
version/releases all through scripts (we version via Liquibase - highly
recommended),

Personally I'm OK with running the /contrib scripts as needed.  It would be
nice if the doc page explained that a little better - what each one does,
whether it's required, and what you would need it for.

thanks,
Jay