[postgis-users] shp2pgsql

J. Gustavo Rocha jgr at di.uminho.pt
Wed Apr 16 06:12:31 PDT 2014

Oi Rogério,

I use ogr2ogr, which is more generic than shp2pgsql. You can choose the
schema (active_schema option) and the name of the table (-nln option).

Something like:

ogr2ogr -f "PostgreSQL" PG:"host=xxx.di.uminho.pt user=xxx
dbname=arhnorte password=yyy active_schema=atlas" -a_srs EPSG:3763 -nln
captacoes Captacoes_SILiAmb.shp

Regards,

J. Gustavo

Em 16-04-2014 13:23, Rogério escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> How I convert a shp file to sql pointing to a particular schema and
> database?
>
> As the trivial operation of converting shp to sql is ok!
>
> Is possible?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Rogério A. B. da Silva
> Geóg. B. Sc.

J. Gustavo
--
Jorge Gustavo Rocha
Departamento de Informática

"I would love to change the world, but they won't give me the source
code" -- Unknown Geek