[postgis-users] Postgis raster tutorial

Jason Mathis jmathis at redzonesoftware.com
Thu Apr 17 15:05:56 PDT 2014

Yea no worries. I don’t know of a way but wanted to share what I just went through. Hopefully someone can chime in if they know.

On April 17, 2014 at 3:52:51 PM, georgew (gws293 at hotmail.com) wrote:

Thank you Jason but what you suggest, e.g. using a number of steps external
to postgis is exactly what I want to avoid. In any case I have no problem
creating the rasters in SAGA then using using raster2pgsql to import them.
But since postgis has an st_asraster function that creates rasters natively
within postgis from geometries, and since I have already imported the shape
files as postgis vector, all I am looking for is a good tutorial to explain
how to use st_asraster to achieve what raster2pgsql does.

This transmission contains confidential and privileged information intended
solely for the party identified above. If you receive this message in
error, you must not use it or convey it to others. Please destroy it
immediately and contact the sender at (303) 386-3955 or by return e-mail to
the sender.