[postgis-users] Sorry for simple question!

Darrel Maddy darrel.maddy at newcastle.ac.uk
Fri Aug 1 04:42:23 PDT 2014

Dear all,

I am just reacquainting myself with postgres and postgis and trying to decide how best to store the output from my model (large matrices stored in gtiff format).  I really want to store multiple rasters in one table but when I try to visualise these in QGIS (via an sql extract in dbmanager using import to new layer) nothing happens. I can add one raster per table to the canvas but I do not want thousands of tables.   Will the dbmanager sql add layer work with rast as a geometry?

I suspect this is simple, but it eludes me at present.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

Darrel