[postgis-users] Editing Topology with QGIs, nno more precision issues

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 03:09:15 PDT 2014

Yep,
I do use QGis snapping which is essential.
I'm talking about errrors in the 15 or 16 th digit!
Usually it is nothing to worry about, but st_buildArea is very fragile.

The point of this is being able to edit only geometry (no topology)
without  plugin, which is not available for every version / GIS.
I feel if you want to edit topology information you need dedicated tools
(like the pluggin, or maybe using the function ST_ChangeEdgeGeom, which in
can't use in my use case )

Cheers,
Rémi-C