[postgis-users] ST_AddBand

David Haynes haynesd2 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 06:37:34 PDT 2014

I have a question about this function, regarding the fifth variant.
Why does the function assume that all of the rasters input in the array
have their information stored at the same band? The variant will only allow
for 1 band number to be specified for all rasters.

raster *ST_AddBand*(raster torast, raster[] fromrasts, integer fromband=1,
integer torastindex=at_end);

This is will not work

ST_AddBand(ST_MakeEmptyraster(layers.stack_rast),ARRAY[layers.stack_rast,
layers.stack_rast], ARRAY[1,3]) as rast

This does, but assumes that I want band 1 both times.
ST_AddBand(ST_MakeEmptyraster(layers.stack_rast),ARRAY[layers.stack_rast,
layers.stack_rast], 1) as rast

Shouldn't there be a variant that allows that uses an array integer that
allows for you to individual specifications of bands.