[postgis-users] Help CONSTRAINTS and others questions

Hugues François hugues.francois at irstea.fr
Sun Dec 7 01:39:25 PST 2014

Hello,

I'm not sure to understand well your problems but it seems you have sql questions rather than postgis ones... For the first one, I don't really understand what you are looking for but I think what you want to add is constraint called foreign key (you will find useful information in the postgres documentation). For your second questions, you may achieve that using a trigger function but you have to be aware that it will not work if you have a not null or a primary key constraint (except if you have a serial type, a sequence, or any other rule in your trigger function to fill this column automatically)

Hugues.