[postgis-users] Poor Geocoder Performance

Newcomb, Doug doug_newcomb at fws.gov
Tue Dec 30 07:08:17 PST 2014

Regina,
I had heard from one of the core postgresql developers that setting shared
memory to anything above 512 MB on Windows had no further benefit.  ( i.e.,
you could set it, but it did not really give you any more memory).  Was
that in error?

Doug

Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov
The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of the
Interior.   Life is too short for undocumented, proprietary data formats.