[postgis-users] How can I restore a *.backup file?

Eloi eloi at openmailbox.org
Wed Feb 26 02:41:10 PST 2014

> I've a *.backup file from postgres 9. I uninstalled postgres and
> installed OpenGeoSuite 4.0.2.
>
> How can I restore this file in pgadmin3?

You can do it in the command line, like this:
/usr/bin/pg_restore --host localhost --port 5432 --username "user name"
--dbname "your data base name" --no-password  --verbose "/path to
file/file name.backup"
Not sure know but maybe you need first to create a empty database.

Or with PgAdmin, right click in the data base and choose restore.

Cheers,

Eloi