[postgis-users] Any available Postgis 2.1 rpm for Opensuse?

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Wed Jan 8 12:00:14 PST 2014

On 01/08/2014 07:38 PM, Marco wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been searching Postgis 2.1 rpm for SUSE 11.3. Unfortunately, I
> haven't found one yet.
> I wonder whether anyone find one or not. The last solution for me is to
> build rpm from the binary source, which I have no experience on that.
>
> is there any other better approach? or if anyone tried to build rpm from
> source and what possible issues would encounter?
>
> Thank you

Hi Marco.
There is a PostGIS 2.1.1 rpm for openSUSE through OBS:
http://software.opensuse.org/package/postgis21

openSUSE 11.3 is EOL for years now. The currently supported versions are
12.2, 12.3 and 13.1.

This is in the process to be ported to official Application:Geo
repository which now has PostGIS 2.0.4

Cheers,
Angelos

--