[postgis-users] Issues with pgrouting workshop code in postgis 2.11/pgrouting 2.0

Daniel Kastl daniel at georepublic.de
Thu Jan 9 16:17:36 PST 2014

>> I tried running thr pgr_fromAtoB wrapper function in pgAdmin and I
>> initially get an error:
>>
>>     ERROR: relation "vertices_tmp" does not exist
>>     SQL state: 42P01
>>     Context: PL/pgSQL function pgr_fromatob(character varying,double
>>     precision,double precision,double precision,double precision) line
>>     11 at EXECUTE statement
>>

> I think Daniel will have to answer this. pgr_fromatob() must be a wrapper
> as that is part of the tutorial because it is not part of the pgrouting
> release.

This is the function:
http://workshop.pgrouting.org/chapters/wrapper.html#route-between-lat-lon-points-and-return-ordered-geometry-with-heading

As Steve mentioned, you will not be successful to copy pieces of code
(randomly) without understanding what actually is going on there.

The workshop really tries to explain everything, and I don't think it makes
sense to just copy the text from the link above. It should be all
explained. If you're missing some information, or something is unclear,
then feel free to ask.

Daniel

--
Georepublic UG & Georepublic Japan