[postgis-users] Postgis 2.0 Topology TopoGeo_AddPolygon very slow

Christophe Vergon christophevergon-girtec at orange.fr
Wed Jan 15 23:44:53 PST 2014

Hello,

Sorry to not follow this on postgis-devel list, but we want first to
thank Remi Cura for his advice on "auto-explain" mode.
Yesterday evening we arrived at the same conclusion as Sandro's. We
maked a test with adding a face who's not touch any other faces and
_staddfacesplit was the slowest function.
Our first idea is to replace st_contains in the WHERE clause by
edge_id in (SELECT edge_id FROM toposchemaname.edge_id WHERE
edgedata.geom && newface.mbr)

We maked a second experience with addingg a face who touch other faces,
the compression point seams to be not the same ... (?)
Too tired to go further we leaved our office, and we found at home the
Sandro Santilli's message.
Yesterday was a topology day ;)

Christophe