[postgis-users] Getting boundary of set of polygons

Tom McCallum termcc at googlemail.com
Mon Jan 27 04:50:35 PST 2014

St_MakePolygon does not take a multilinestring.
ST_BuildArea looked possible, but it gives me back lots of little areas
and not a single boundary for the whole set.

It looks as though ST_Dump with ST_MakePolygon may be useful but am still
trying to get the right form something like

ST_MakePolygon( ST_DUMP( ST_BOUNDARY( ST_COLLECT( wkb_boundary ) ) .geom )

But it does not like the .geom bit.

Any suggestions?