[postgis-users] QGis 2.0 Copy/Paste from shapefile to Postgis issue if the primary key is a string

F T oukile at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 06:02:45 PST 2014

Hello

We have a pb with copy/paste from a shapefile to postgis if the primary key
is a string.
The primary key is left NULL and no commit is possible.

To reproduce the pb :

Create *table1 *with a string primary key

> CREATE TABLE table1
> (
>   f1 character varying(10) NOT NULL,
>   f2 character varying(10),
>   geom geometry,
>   *CONSTRAINT t1_pkey PRIMARY KEY (f1),*
>   CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_geom CHECK (st_ndims(geom) = 2),
>   CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_geom CHECK (geometrytype(geom) =
> 'POINT'::text),
>   CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_geom CHECK (st_srid(geom) = 2154)
> )

*table2* is the same as table 1 but it has no primary key

> CREATE TABLE table2
> (
>   f1 character varying(10) NOT NULL,
>   f2 character varying(10),
>   geom geometry,
>   CONSTRAINT enforce_dims_geom CHECK (st_ndims(geom) = 2),
>   CONSTRAINT enforce_geotype_geom CHECK (geometrytype(geom) =
> 'POINT'::text),
>   CONSTRAINT enforce_srid_geom CHECK (st_srid(geom) = 2154)
> )

*shapes.shp* is a shapefile that contains the points I would like to
copy/paste in the Postgis tables
(see attached zip file)

1) if I copy/paste the points from shapes.shp to table1, the key field
stays NULL and the commit is impossible.
2) if I copy/paste the points from shapes.shp to table2, everything is ok.

Have you ever seen this bug?

Thanks

Fabrice