[postgis-users] topology, joining attributes

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 20:14:48 PDT 2014

Sandro,

Thanks for the suggestion. The speed of my queries are fine even with the
relation table. Populating the topology however is quite slow, >2 hours for
64k polygons. Which leads to another question which should probably be
asked in another thread - but what tools are available for interactive
topology editing? If I could maintain my data in the topology then I would
not need to repeatedly reload it.

Thanks,
Rich

On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:10 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk at keybit.net> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:49:47AM +0200, Rémi Cura wrote:
>
> > Your querry could look like this:
> >
> > SELECT my_topogeom, f.face_id
> > FROM my_table AS mt
> > INNER JOIN relation AS r ON (((mt.mytopogeom).id ,
> > (mt.mytopogeom).layer_id)) = (r.topogeo_id, r.layer_id  )
> > INNER JOIN face AS f ON (r.element_id = f.face_id)
>
> See also http://postgis.net/docs/GetTopoGeomElements.html
> .. if you want to have more isolation from the "relation" table
> (not necessarely a good idea, in terms of speed)
>
> --strk;

Richard W. Greenwood, PLS
www.greenwoodmap.com