[postgis-users] writing loop and conditionals in pl/pgsql

mane moshref many_yammy at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 5 08:38:25 PST 2014

Hi all,
I am quite new to pl/pgsql and completely confused.
I have two tables. One storing height category including hk_id(height category id), h_min and h_max. and a table including several plygons having y_max and height. My aim is to know on which height category the plygon locates based on its y_max.
My piece of code is like:
i=1; a=0;
while (i=<4 , a=0){
if h(i)_min < y_max < h(i)_max
{height = i
a = 1;}
i = i + 1
}
Is there any body who can help me to convert this piece of code to excutable format in pl/pgsql?
Thank you in advance
Many