[postgis-users] Use cases of GDAL + PostGIS Raster

Varun Saraf varunsaraf14 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 06:33:56 PDT 2014

Hi All,

As part of a GSoC project [1] I am interested in working on, I will be
implementing write support for the GDAL PostGIS Raster driver. Currently
PostGIS raster2pgsql loader is used to load GDAL supported raster formats
in a PostgreSQL db since the GDAL driver is read only.

I would like to know, how this idea can be expanded further? Some use cases
of GDAL + PostGIS Raster and how these cases will benefit from the write
support in the driver?

Regards,
Varun Saraf

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/wiki/WKTRasterGSoC