[postgis-users] Urgent help needed, messed up my postgis 2.1 server by installing latest QGIS pacake

Morten Sickel morten at sickel.net
Tue Mar 18 13:22:52 PDT 2014

If you installed postgres using apt-get, the data files should be in
/var/lib/postgres/9.3/data postgres is usually quite good at not messing
up data during upgrades, but just in case, I would make a quick backup. if
you do a sudo du -s /var/lib/postgres/9.3/data/base/* you should see at
least three directories - one of them contains your entire database, if it
is less than three there or none of them has a reasonable size, you may be
in trouble... (unless you have set up postgres to store data somewhere
else) If you have installed postgres through make /make install, the
databases may be stored somewhere else.

Morten