[postgis-users] Controlling PostGIS memory usage

Dan Gast dan at stormpulse.com
Wed Mar 26 14:29:04 PDT 2014

Yeah, that works and is much faster than ST_Distance().

For what it's worth, if I:

ALTER TABLE store ADD COLUMN buf Geography(Polygon);
UPDATE store SET buf = ST_Buffer(geog, 400000);
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM person AS p, store AS s WHERE ST_Intersects(s.buf, p.geog);

it works and it's fast... as fast as or slightly faster than ST_DWithin().

If general consensus is that it shouldn't be doing that, I will file a
bug. I just wanted to be sure I'm not hitting a known and documented
issue.

Thanks,

Dan