[postgis-users] more memory issues with raster2pgsql

Bborie Park dustymugs at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 18:42:14 PDT 2014

How big is the original? Numbers of pixels width and height? Number of
bands? Pixel types of the bands? I just want to know so that I can tell you
if its even possible to store that raster as one database value.

Utf-8 shouldn't be an issue as the raster data itself isn't in any
character set encoding. They're almost always numerical values.

All my production and dev postgresql clusters are in utf8 and I've never
seen a raster encoding issue.

-bborie