[postgis-users] Raster data questions

Rémi Cura remi.cura at gmail.com
Tue Nov 25 08:56:10 PST 2014

Hey,
you don't even need postgis for this, you could store a cube per line,
with a x,y,z number, indexes on it,then querry like
SELECT *
FROM my_cube_table
WHERE x BETWEEN 100 AND 200
AND y BETWEEN 23 AND 45
AND z BETWEEN 45 AND 67
You could alos use postgres range type.
Of course you could store cube as meshes, and use pure 3D function (postgis
so )
etc etc

It is very hard to answer you if you don't explain what you want to do with
this cubes , how many you will have, ifyou read it more or write it more,
what kind of data it contains, if the size of each cube may change, if you
want to convert this to geo types ...

Cheers,
Rémi-C