[postgis-users] Getting Started with PostGIS on Windows: Request for documentation review.

Mark Volz MarkVolz at co.lyon.mn.us
Wed Nov 26 14:14:24 PST 2014

Regina and others.

Thank you for your assistance.  I updated my documentation at http://geomoose.lyonco.org/PostGIS_New_Documentation.docx to incorporate your comments.  The documentation works, but there are a couple items I would like to clear up.

1) Just to be sure we need to assign default permissions to both the database and the schema?
2) My older notes mention that ArcGIS is only compatible with PostGRES 9.2.x, and not 9.3.  Has anyone had any success with 9.3?
3) It does appear that I cannot edit default permissions using pgAdmin 1.16.1.  I don't know if that is a bug, or a Windows version issue.  You mentioned that you have pgAdmin 1.18.1 will allow you to edit default privileges for all users in the default privileges tab.  Is that the version that comes with PostGRES 9.3?

Everything now appears to be stable, secure, and repeatable.  Thank you again for your help.

Sincerely,
Mark Volz, GISP