[postgis-users] NOTICE: no non-null/empty features, unable to compute statistics

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Wed Oct 1 15:26:16 PDT 2014

Well, trying to synthetically reproduce your error is not working.

Butterfly:~/Code/postgis-svn/postgis pramsey$ vacuumdb -v -Z -d postgis22 -t pts

INFO:  analyzing "public.pts"

INFO:  "pts": scanned 14286 of 14286 pages, containing 1000000 live
rows and 0 dead rows; 30000 rows in sample, 1000000 estimated total
rows

I used a basic random table,

CREATE TABLE pts AS
WITH rands AS (
  SELECT generate_series as id, random() AS u1, random() AS u2 FROM
generate_series(1,1000000)
)
SELECT
  id,
  ST_SetSRID(ST_MakePoint(
    50 * sqrt(-2 * ln(u1)) * cos(2*pi()*u2),
    50 * sqrt(-2 * ln(u1)) * sin(2*pi()*u2),
    50 * sqrt(-2 * ln(u1)) * sin(2*pi()*u2),
    50 * sqrt(-2 * ln(u1)) *
sin(2*pi()*u2)),4326)::Geometry(PointZM,4326) AS geom
FROM rands;