[postgis-users] Is caching PostGIS database possible

Javier de la Torre jatorre at vizzuality.com
Tue Sep 2 01:12:24 PDT 2014

I believe that with the correct PostgreSQL configuration, PostgreSQL will cache the data in ram if it is being used and there is enough space.

I don't think you can force PostgreSQL to read everything and put it in memory, it just happens as it runs. That's why the database seems to be faster after a while running, because PostgreSQL starts caching.